- First of all drop me a line or give me a ring – we will have an informal chat to give us both an idea of the sort of service you are looking for. Not all projects are the same so the process may be a little different to that below.
- The next step for a garden design will be a consultation on site to find out more about the style and uses you would like from your garden. I can provide many examples for you to browse for ideas and for discussion. I will then produce a client brief and a quote for the design.
- If you are happy with the client brief I will produce a sketch plan of the garden design and arrange a further meeting to discuss this. If you are just looking for ideas of a design you can create yourself, then I can produce a sketch or two for you to take forward, or I can produce further plans if the design is more complex.
- At this second meeting, depending on the requirements of the design, I will also perform a scale survey of the garden. If the design is more complex or you will be using a landscape/building contractor, I can produce CAD plans for construction and planting plans. I can also source plants and prefer to carry out the planting if the contractor is not an experienced gardener.
- I will produce a guide on how to care for your newly planted garden.
The process, and price, will vary depending on your requirements and the size and complexity of the area to be redesigned.